The Lunenburg Folk Harbour Society is a volunteer-driven organization. From the year-round committees that carry out the Society’s objectives to the folks who pitch in during the Folk Harbour Festival, volunteers make it all happen. We are looking for enthusiastic, friendly and responsible music lovers to join our team. Punctuality and commitment to the task you’ve undertaken, as well as a cheerful and co-operative manner with festival-goers and other volunteers are a must! In return, you’ll have the fun and satisfaction of being a part of the Festival and meeting lots of like-minded people.
We have most positions available for those 19 and older, but there are specific youth positions for those between 13 and 18. Any volunteer under 19 must submit a signed Parental Consent Form each year.
POSITION DESCRIPTIONS (Click Here)
NEW VOLUNTEER (persons who have not volunteered within the past year)
All new volunteers must complete an on-line registration form so your information is entered into our database (SHIFTBOARD). If you are under 19, you must also submit a new Parental Consent Form each year.
- You apply through our application
- We review your application and place you with a committee
- You will receive a welcome letter including a password which you will require to use our registration, tracking and scheduling system called SHIFTBOARD. Your password will be generated from SHIFTBOARD and automatically sent to new volunteers once their application has been processed. Please keep this password in a place you can find it.
You will need to ensure we have your up to date contact information including your phone number and your individual personal email, which is your way to access the system. (Email cannot be a group/family email address)
- Your committee chair or designate will contact you and schedule your shifts
- You will attend an orientation where you will receive your badge and pass
- Do your shifts and enjoy the Festival
Please complete the Adult or Youth Volunteer Application by clicking on the correct Registration Link:
New Volunteer Application: Click here
RETURNING VOLUNTEER (persons who have volunteered the previous year)
- You will receive a welcome back email mid to late May from the Volunteer Coordinator (If you do not receive this email by June 10th please contact the Volunteer Coordinator by clicking on the ‘Returning Volunteer’ link and send us an e-mail).
- Once you have informed us of your intent by clicking on ‘RETURNING VOLUNTEER’ your information will be passed onto your committee chair (new or old)
- Your committee chair will contact you and place you in your shifts
- Please forward any changes to your contact information from the previous year including: email address, phone number, or if you wish to change volunteer committee.
- Please use your password from the previous year to access SHIFTBOARD or let us know if you need a reset for your password.
Volunteer Parental Consent Form: Click Here>>
RETURNING VOLUNTEERS (Click here>>)
ALREADY REGISTERED AND HAVE A PASSWORD? Click here to access Shiftboard>>
Note: In filling out the Lunenburg Folk Harbour Society application form you give the Society permission to use your information to fulfill obligations of the Society and share the information with all committee chairs in an effort to ensure applicants and positions are matched.