What is a Friend of the Society?
The Lunenburg Folk Harbour Society is a register not-for-profit charitable organization run by a volunteers, and two office staff. The society also owns and operates the Lunenburg Opera House venue which requires significant annual operating costs. Having supporters contribute monthly significantly helps with cash flows and allows us to provide many free events year round.
If you become a Friend, your contribution supports year-round community cultural and educational initiatives of the Lunenburg Folk Harbour Society including:
- Internationally renowned Lunenburg Folk Harbour Festival (LFHF) – The Festival has presented some of Canada’s most noted folk performers, launched careers, and earned a stellar reputation.
- Concert Series – An off-season staple in Lunenburg
- Folk Fiesta! – Our annual fundraiser at which Festival performers are showcased
- Jim Pittman Awards for Youth
- Summer Concert Series throughout July and August
Not a fan of paying online?
If you would prefer to make a donation in person rather than online, please visit our Office at 125 Montague St. in Lunenburg, and we will be able to accept your donation via cash, Visa/MasterCard, or debit.