Festival Logistics Support works with other staff, board members and chairs of committees to accomplish the tasks entailed in staging the Society’s annual four-day Lunenburg Folk Harbour Festival. Employment is on a full-time basis from approximately May to August. The position is at the direction of the Office Administrator and a designated Board member. Working hours will be scheduled to ensure the office is open at consistent times each week. Some evening and weekend hours will be required.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Maintain basic office functions
- Collect performer services information, including but not limited to: billeting needs, transportation forms and technical riders from performers and/or their agents. Compile and maintain a database of this information
- Recruit volunteers and maintain a volunteer database
- Assemble performer and emcee packages and schedules
- Assist in maintaining social media presence
- Create venue signage
- Work with office staff to sell and process ticket orders
- Produce site packages for all venues
- Create nametags as required
Festival Logistics Support must be a post secondary student returning to full time studies in September OR a person between the ages of 15 and 30. A valid drivers licence and access to a vehicle is an asset.
- Excellent, proven, customer service skills
- Proficiency with standard office equipment and software including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate, organize and multi task
- Knowledge of and ability to promote folk music, including social media promotions
- Experience with not for profit organizations is an asset
- Ability to keep accurate records with attention to detail
- Resourcefulness, creativity and ability to work as part of a team
Please send your resume by the May 11 deadline to: email@example.com Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
125 Montague Street, PO Box 655, Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, B0J 2C0