June 22, 2020.
Lunenburg Folk Harbour Society – Job Postings
The Lunenburg Folk Harbour Society has an opening for one full-time student position, starting ~July 6 to August 28. Please send your resume by the June 30 deadline to: email@example.com Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Summer Office Assistant
The Summer Office Assistant works with other staff, board members and chairs of committees. Employment is on a full-time basis for an eight-week period from approximately July 6 to August 28. The position is at the direction of the Office Administrator and a designated Board member. Working hours will be scheduled to ensure the office is open at consistent times each week. Some evening and weekend hours will be required.
Role and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in the general operations of the Folk Harbour office as required day-to-day
- Assist the Marketing and Publicity committee
- Plan and implement social media marketing
- Ensure the production and distribution of posters, rack cards and other marketing materials
- Answer public inquiries, whether by phone, email, or in-person
- Provide committee support as required to ensure that inquiries are answered and forwarded to the appropriate committee chair and that committees have access to general office resources
- Perform other duties as required to maintain basic office function and cleanliness
- Write a final report outlining the responsibilities of the position; skills and experience gained; along with suggestions for improvement
- Meet with Board designated supervisor to debrief your job experience
The Summer Office Assistant must be a post-secondary student returning to full-time studies in September.
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Resourcefulness, creativity and attentiveness to detail
- Proficiency with standard office equipment and software including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to organize and multi-task
- Ability to keep accurate records with attention to detail
- Interest in presenting and promoting folk music
- Experience with non-profit organizations
- Ability to work with a wide range of volunteers and staff
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is an asset