The Folk Harbour Society’s COVID-19 Safety Plan
The Lunenburg Folk Harbour Society places the highest priority on keeping our audience members, volunteers, staff, and performers safe. We will follow all public health requirements as mandated by the Government of Canada and the Province of Nova Scotia. This Plan will be updated as those requirements change. This Plan is current as of October 4, 2021.
Indoor events at the Lunenburg Opera House (“the venue”):
• Proof of full vaccination (second dose at least 14 days ago) is mandatory to enter the venue, except for those ages 11 years and under who may enter with a fully vaccinated adult, or those who have a valid medical exemption. Vaccine proof, or proof of age for those ages 11 and under, or proof of exemption, as provided by the provincial government, must be presented and verified at the door. Visit https://novascotia.flow.canimmunize.ca/en/portal to access your proof of vaccination status.
• Masks are required for public indoor spaces.
• Ushers will dismiss the audience row by row at the end of the show to prevent crowding.
• The emcee will inform the audience at the start of the show of the COVID-19 protocols in place.
• Contact information will be collected for tracing.
• Hand sanitizer will be available at the entry.
• Doors, washrooms, and high touch surfaces will be sanitized frequently.
• Hand hygiene signage is posted in the washrooms.
• Venue will operate at full capacity if provincial regulations allow.
• There will be no intermission.
• There will be no food/drink available to the audience.
• Tickets are sold only through an electronic ticketing system and/or through the Folk Harbour office and presales are encouraged. Ticket holders will be informed that proof of vaccination (or proof of age for those ages 11 and under, or proof of exemption) will be checked at the door.
• Our refund policy has been revised to allow people to refund their tickets up to the time of the show to encourage anyone who is feeling unwell to stay home.
• If gathering limits are reinstated, tickets will be refunded starting with the most recently purchased until the allowable number is reached.