2021 Folk Fiesta! Winter Series Concerts.
Our annual fundraiser event, Folk Fiesta!, typically consists of presenting 3 artists to a fully packed venue with food and silent auction. This year we’re dividing that entertainment across 3 weekends to still support multiple artists and greatly limit audience size to comply with Covid regulations for safer events. These LIVE shows will take place at 7:30 pm at the Lunenburg Opera House. These three concerts will also be video recorded for online presentations at later dates (details below).
Live at the Lunenburg Opera House
Saturday, March 13 for Shannon and Tony Quinn (snow date of Sunday, March 14)
Saturday, March 20 for Ben Caplan (with a snow date of Sunday, March 21)
Saturday, March 27 for Darren, Rachel and Chrissy of Còig (snow date of Sunday, March 28 )
Tickets and Terms:
- Tickets $15, available online only at TicketPro.
- Only 75 tickets will be sold due to COVID spacing.
- 7:30pm Concerts will consist of one 75-minute set with no intermission
- There will not be any food or drink services
- All relevant COVID-19 protocols will be in place, including limited audience numbers, spacing out of audience members, mandatory mask wearing, contact tracing, and use of hand sanitizer.
- Full ticket refunds will be given right up to the start time so no one will feel compelled to attend if they are not feeling well…and if you are not feeling well, PLEASE STAY HOME
- Decisions to move the concert to the snow date will be made 24 hours before the original concert time.
We are able to offer these live concerts at a discounted ticket price and the digital presentations free of charge thanks to generous sponsors.
We gratefully acknowledge funding from the Nova Scotia Department of Communities, Culture and Heritage, and Music Nova Scotia for providing funding for the entire series. Our March 27 concert is part of the Kinaxis InConcert series, in partnership with the Canadian Live Music Association.
Not everyone will be able to attend these live concerts, but anyone who wants to participate can do so!
Video recorded concerts will be streamed as follows:
Shannon and Tony Quinn on Thursday, March 25
Ben Caplan on Saturday, March 27
and Darren, Rachel, and Chrissy of Còig on Sunday, March 28
These digital presentations will be offered free of charge, although donations are gratefully accepted and will be used for future presentations. These concerts are being presented to coincide with Bluenose 100 celebrations. Please subscribe to our YouTube and Facebook Pages to be notified when these concerts are available to view.
We work hard to bring you music all year long. Our concert series features a range of established and up-and-coming artists, both local and out-of-province. We strive to present four concerts in the fall and four in the spring. Our venues change throughout the town but the calibre of performers on stage is consistently top notch. You can expect smaller venues with unique and intimate performances with the artists as well as larger venues offering a bigger musical experience.